Here we go again, another sewing project completed

So I told you yesterday that I would post photos of my newest completed sewing project. My 1909 ‘Beatrix’ Jacket, made from a pattern found HERE at Sense & Sensibility (gosh, I do so love their patterns!). I have long wanted to make a jacket like this, it is such a pretty and elegant one I think. I made the ‘Beatrix’ Skirt a couple of years ago, (and I’ve worn it a lot!) but never got around to ordering the jacket pattern and making that. Not until now.

I must say that I am highly pleased with this project! It has turned out so well, but not only that, it went together so well also. I literary didn’t have any problems with it!! Which is unusual!

I made it out of a brown wool that I got at a fair last year for 10 kr. a meter!!!! Now for those of you who are not too familiar with Swedish currency, that is just a little more than a dollar. Appallingly little!! But I’m not complaining, ’cause I’m on the winning end of the deal!

The material was rather perfect for it I think, and all in all it just worked out so well! ๐Ÿ™‚

My sister Viktoria was gracious enough to be my photographer this morning, thank you for that! And here are some of the ones we took.1909 'Beatrix' Jacket
I put together the rest of the outfit from different things I had at home. My old-fashioned-looking boots, a hat my grandmother bought for me somewhere, a blouse that is really for my national costume, and a brooch I also got from my grandmother that originally belonged to her aunt or something. I thought it all was quite suitable. I did my hair also. It was really an experiment/improvisation. I’ve never tried an Edwardian hairstyle before, it looked rather good though.

1909 'Beatrix' Jacket
Our cat Tsaritza wanted to be in the photos too! She was so sweet and were with us the whole time we were taking the photos!

It was really windy!

Tsaritza again!

12 Responses to Here we go again, another sewing project completed

1. Alyssa W. says:

What lovely work! Now you just need a rabbit named Peter and some paints!
    ~Alyssa

2. Jennie says:

Oh, my goodness, Aurora! You are just too talented, and these photos are GORGEOUS! Once again, you know I’m going to beg for copies for my site. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You may just become my number one model!

Thanks for posting the lovely review and photos!

Warmly,
    Jennie

3. Sabine says:

Absolutely charming!

4. Camilla says:

Oh, Aurora, I just saw your pictures and loved them! You look so pretty and elegant in that brown jacket, and the hat was simply scrumptious!
    I always copy and paste your pictures, they are so well done, and I just set one of them as my desktop background so I can look at it again and again.
    I admire your work so much… what a talented seamstress you are!

Love,
    Camilla

5. admin says:

Thank you all so very much!!

Jennie – like I said to you on the S&S board, you are more than welcome to use the pictures! I’m so glad you like them!

Camilla – that is just so sweet of you! Miss you!

6. The Edwardian period is amazing… not as awesome as the regency, but not too far behind. Your outfit is nice, and some of the pictures are exceptionally delightful! ๐Ÿ˜€ When do you get to wear your Edwardian wardrobe, do you have any special events?

Well thank you very much!
    I agree that the Edwardian era is really nice. I quite like the fashion of the time.
    I haven’t actually found any events to wear this to yet. I’ve worn both the skirt and the jacket separately, paired with other things, on several occasions. But never the whole outfit… I wore this jacket when I was in Bath actually. I had it on that day when I was leaving, remember?

8. Oh, yes! That morning was delightful, and I remember exactly your wearing the jacket. ๐Ÿ˜€ Although, I confess I didn’t pay nearly as much attention to it as to our conversation… I remember you were wearing light trousers with it too. You looked very respectable wearing your jacket as I recall. ๐Ÿ™‚ I like how you’ve been able to integrate them into every day things even though you haven’t yet had a ‘period’ event as it were. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you seen Miss Potter? Such a lovely film set in this exact era! ๐Ÿ˜€ I haven’t gotten my sister (MC) to like the regency, but she did manage to like the Edwardian period… I think she might be interested in making herself something in the period style at some point.

Oh so you did remember! And that is correct, I wore some white trousers to that. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have seen Miss Potter! I think it’s truly delightful! Such a sweet, little film! And the costumes are quite lovely! I also really like the place she stays in the country, and the house she buys there. It’s so beautiful and charming.
    I am glad to hear your sister likes this period too. And who knows, maybe in time you’ll manage to win her around to liking the regency era too! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. LadyD says:

Aurora, this is just the pattern I’m looking for…been searching all over the place for a coat/jacket pattern I can use to make a doctor who outfit. *facepalm* And it was staring me in the face all along.

Ooh that sounds like a wonderful project! I hope this pattern works! I hope you post some pictures once you are done! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. I am really loving the theme/design of your web site.
    Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?

A handful of my blog audience have complained about my site not working correctly
    in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you
    have any ideas to help fix this problem?