So I told you yesterday that I would post photos of my newest completed sewing project. My 1909 ‘Beatrix’ Jacket, made from a pattern found HERE at Sense & Sensibility (gosh, I do so love their patterns!). I have long wanted to make a jacket like this, it is such a pretty and elegant one I think. I made the ‘Beatrix’ Skirt a couple of years ago, (and I’ve worn it a lot!) but never got around to ordering the jacket pattern and making that. Not until now.
I must say that I am highly pleased with this project! It has turned out so well, but not only that, it went together so well also. I literary didn’t have any problems with it!! Which is unusual!
I made it out of a brown wool that I got at a fair last year for 10 kr. a meter!!!! Now for those of you who are not too familiar with Swedish currency, that is just a little more than a dollar. Appallingly little!! But I’m not complaining, ’cause I’m on the winning end of the deal!
The material was rather perfect for it I think, and all in all it just worked out so well! 🙂
My sister Viktoria was gracious enough to be my photographer this morning, thank you for that! And here are some of the ones we took.
I put together the rest of the outfit from different things I had at home. My old-fashioned-looking boots, a hat my grandmother bought for me somewhere, a blouse that is really for my national costume, and a brooch I also got from my grandmother that originally belonged to her aunt or something. I thought it all was quite suitable. I did my hair also. It was really an experiment/improvisation. I’ve never tried an Edwardian hairstyle before, it looked rather good though.