Kentucky Jane Austen Festival pictures

Jane Austen Festival Louisville Kentucky
A week ago the Jane Austen Festival of Louisville, Kentucky took place. I wrote about this event a little while back but unfortunately I wasn’t able to go this year, much as I wanted too. I have heard it was a wonderful event, and it sure looks like it from the pictures I’ve seen! If you are interested there are plenty of pictures you can have a look at on THIS site.
Jane Austen Festival Louisville Kentucky
And to read an account of the festival from one of the participants check out “The Doctor’s” blog HERE. Thanks for the links by the way, and I hope it’s ok that I borrowed a couple of your pictures.

I think it looks like a great event, and hopefully another year I can actually go myself!

8 Responses to Kentucky Jane Austen Festival pictures

1. Bonny Wise says:

Of course it’s okay to use our photos. That is me btw in front of Locust Grove!

Bonny Wise, Regional Coordinator
    Greater Louisville JASNA

PS Hope you can attend next year!

Thanks, I’m glad! 🙂 And I hope that too!

3. Emily says:

Ooohh… I want to go! *wails*

4. Jennifer says:

This looks like a really wonderful event. Thank you for sharing the photos with us.

5. Françoise and Alexia says:

Dear Aurora

We met you at the Jane Austen festival in Bath. Alexia was the girl in white dress with you on Marcia’s photo. We have a lot of your photos where you are ( at the dance course, the great ball…).Unfortunately I am so bad with Internet that I am not able to send you photos by this way. But when Alexia will come home she will send you a lot of them. If you prefer give me your home address and I ‘ll send you a CD.It was a pleasure to meet you for my daughter and I. We hope to keep in touch.
    Françoise (I was the lady with a white dress and a blue coat at the Grand Ball)

Dear Francoise,
    How nice to hear from you! I remember both you and Alexia very well from th Ball, and from a dance class too a couple of days before (I think you were at that too…?).
    How very kind of you to offer to send me those photos! That would be lovely! If you think Alexia could send them that would be great, otherwise I can definitely give you my address if that would be easier. 🙂
    It was lovely meeting you both and I look forward to hearing from you again!

All the best,

7. Hey Aurora, I think my dad’s cousin has something to do with this… I discovered that she’s into the Federalist period… she’s also a really really good wax portrait artist… I’ll have to send you the link to her site… she also has designed a number of American coins for the US mint, which actually in circulation today. 😀

Oh really? Cool! Yes absolutely, do please send me the link! That would be interesting to see. 🙂