Victorian Snow Lady

I’ve been reviving a tradition I started last winter, that of making a historic snow sculpture. Some of you may remeber that I did one last year, a Regency snow lady. And now I made another one. It snowed here a few days ago, it was a real snow storm, in November! And this snow was just perfect for snowballs ad for forming. So I decided to try another era this time; Victorian.

I was quite pleased with how she turned out. Gabi, our friend who is a photographer, took these first four pictures and let me use them here. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Victorian snow lady

Victorian snow lady

Victorian snow lady

Victorian snow lady

These pictures I took myself, hence the not so good quality… It’s a bit hard to see, since it’s all so white. But you get the general idea.

Victorian snow lady

Victorian snow lady

And here is a close-up of the hair, you can almost make out the curls and the bow…

Victorian snow lady

Aron and Esra had lots of fun pretending they were going to knock her head off! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Victorian snow lady

Now she is all melted away. Only a part of the skirt still remains. Ah well…

9 Responses to Victorian Snow Lady

1. Jenny says:

Lovely! My two year old was walking past the computer and said, “Oh look! A snow princess! And a fire princess.” ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Tilia says:

What a great idea! That must have taken quite a bit of time, but the result is amazing. Pity it doesn’t snow a lot of often where I live.

Linden blossoms in my tea

Wauw! Such details!
    I can’t believe you have so much snow already ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

4. Barbara says:

Great ๐Ÿ™‚ What a pity it melted away already!

5. Jennifer says:

Nice job!

Thanks ladies!

Jennifer – aww that is so cute! Thanks for sharing what she said with me!

Tilia – it did take quite a long time actually, but it was fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Kellie says:

You’ve inspired me, Aurora.
    What a lovely snow sculpture! You did a fabulous job!

My sisters and I have made countless snowmen, forts, life-sized (and ridable!) horses, and such, but never a historical snow lady! As soon as it warms up a bit here in North Idaho (it would be an improvement if the temperature would go above 0 degrees F) I will make the attempt. Our foot or so of snow is pure powder at this point…

I also wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog very much, though I have not commented as of yet!

~Kellie~

Thank you Kellie, for your kind compliments and your comment! I’m glad to hear you enjoy my blog! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yup, that’s what our snow is like over here now too. Powder. And it’s windy, so it’s blowing all over the place! Not ideal for sculpting. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    If you get around to making something when the snow “improves” (improves for that reason anyway…) I hope you’ll share some pictures!

9. Kellie says:

You’re most welcome!
    The snow is perfect just now – if I actually find time to do some snow sculpting, I’ll be happy to post pictures=)

Blessings,