Random ramblings, and a trailer

Yes, I am aware; it’s been a long time with no posting. I would give you a very clever reason for why that is, only I don’t have one… So what I shall do instead is quickly change the subject! ๐Ÿ˜›

Hmm… change the subject? That’s all very well, but to what?! I seem to be suffering from, if not writer’s block then blogger’s block. Well, well, it will pass.

One thing I can do is suggest you check out this post over at Austenprose. It’s a list of 35 different Jane Austen blogs. There are so many great blogs out there! And I was very honored to be given a place amongst those 35! Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Here’s something else. I suppose many of you have already heard that there will be yet another adaptaion of Jane Eyre out next year. Yay! Even though I personally think it would be hard to top the last one that was made (I think that one is so good!) I very much look forward to seeing it! For those who haven’t seen it, here is a trailer for the new one.

What do you think? Think it looks good?

9 Responses to Random ramblings, and a trailer

1. Lily says:

I think it looks good!! Although, having never read the book, I’m not sure my opinion is worth much…. ๐Ÿ˜‰ My excitement mainly comes from the fact that not only is Jane wearing 1840s clothing, so is Blanche! It always bugged me that in the 2005 version Jane was the most fashion forward… I guess it really is all about the clothes! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glad to have you back! ๐Ÿ™‚

How about doing a blog post about your latest dress? (the one with the floral print) I know I would like to see some pictures ๐Ÿ™‚

You are right Lily, about the costumes! I confess I hadn’t noticed that myself yet. ๐Ÿ˜› And you are right, it is really all about the clothes! ๐Ÿ˜‰

That is an idea Malene. Thanks! I’ll see what I can do about that. Whether I can get myself around to taking some pictures of it… ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Laura S. says:

Why so many remakes of “Jane Eyre,” I wonder? My favorite version is the Franco Zeffirelli movie; even though it cuts out or condenses a lot of the plot it has such beautiful visuals and Charlotte Gainsbourg is perfect as Jane. I still enjoy watching new versions because “Jane Eyre” is my favorite book. ๐Ÿ™‚ I will have to seek this one out! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

5. Barbara says:

I think I still prefer the adaptation with Samantha Morton and Ciarรกn Hinds.

I’ve wondered that too Laura. Why so many remakes of Jane Eyre? Or Wunthering Heights for that matter? I don’t mind, since in my opinion it’s hard to have to many costume dramas. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I would like it if they could occasionally make some of the other books they wrote too! I really liked Charlotte Brontรซ’s book Shirley for example, I’d love to see an adaptation of that!
    Ah yes, I like that adaptation too. She is very suitable as Jane.

Barbara – I haven’t seen that adaptation yet. Must check it out sometime!

7. Elinor says:

I haven’t seen any of the adaptions of Jane Eyre yet so I am really looking forward to seeing this one, I do plan to get the last one soon though.

The clothes in the trailor are very good, I agree with Lily, I am very particular about clothing being period correct in movies re-enactments ect.
    speaking of period clothing I think I will make a dress to wear when I go the movie in the spring:D

Ooh, I like that idea Elinor! Making a dress for when you go to the movie! I’ve never yet done that myself, but I’d like to one day. I think it’s the sort of thing which is particularly fun if you do it together with others. Several years ago now, when The Return of the King came out I went and saw that together with my family and another family of good friends. And all us children (7 of us) wore cloaks we had made. It was great fun, and we got lots of funny look from people! ๐Ÿ˜›

9. Elinor says:

It will be the first time for as well,I would have before this but there just arent that many movies that it would work for and I have only just taught myself to really sew well in the last year or so, I think it will be really fun! I would have made one for the voyage of dawn treador but I didnt think of it in time.
    That must have very been fun:D my family was sort of unaware of the Lord of the Rings when the movies came out, we hadn’t read the books or anything but we are now die hard fans.
    haha! yes I can imagine all the funny looks! ,makes it even funner:D