It’s Christmas Time! :)

“You are all to come to Pemberley at Christmas” so writes Elizabeth in her letter to Mrs Gardiner in the very end of Pride and Prejudice.

We are going to have lots of people here for Christmas this year, I have a feeling it’s going to get pretty crowded. Especially as it is now -25 outside (according to the online converter I found, that would be 13 degrees Fahrenheit), so no one will be wanting to spend too much time outdoors. Brrrr….  We are going to be at least 14 people here, possibly 19, depending on whether one family will make it or not. Merry Christmas
So like I said, it’s going to be crowded. Ah well. A house the size of Pemberley might be nice… 😉 I actually suggested to my family a while back, that we should give our house a new name; Pemberley! I thought it would be sooo cool to be able to say that I live at Pemberley! It would be much cooler than “Västergård”!  But maybe it wouldn’t be very fitting… I also had this idea that all the other houses in our village could take names from Jane Austen’s novels too; there could be a Nethefield, Rosings Park, Hartfield, etc. And then we should rename the whole village “Austenville” or something. Wouldn’t that be nice?! I didn’t quite manage to convince all the others though… 😛

Anyway. It’s almost Christmas. The house is cleaned and decorated, candy made, I’ve finished all my presents (yay!), people have started arriving, outside it’s snowy and freezing! Where I sit now I have the constant smell of gingerbead in my nose, since our gingerbread house is on a table right next to me.  I’m not complaining though. 😉

I want to wish all my readers who celebrate Christmas a very, very, VERY:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

6 Responses to It’s Christmas Time! :)

1. Belén says:

Merry Christmas to you too!!!I’d love the idea of Austenville!!Definitely, you have to try again to convince them all, please!That would be…unique!!;)

About the cold, that’s cool!I think i’ve never been below cero in my life…let alone a real white Xmas so…you have to admit that your wheather has beautiful advantages!

Have a great time at Pemberley (^^) and a wonderful Xmas time!!

Best wishes from Spain,

Belén

2. Anna says:

I think Västergård sounds fine 🙂

God jul!! Have a lovely holiday time and enjoy lots of gingerbread and glögg!

Haha, well Belén, maybe I will have to have another go at trying to convince them then. 😉

It is a bit hard for me to imagine what it would be like never having experienced anything colder than cero, but of course that is the case for a lot of people in the world. I tend to forget how exotic Sweden can be! 😉 And it’s true, a white Christmas is rather nice. 🙂

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and God Jul to you!

Anna- you are right, Västergård is fine. It’s just not quite as romantic as Pemberley would be. But if I’m honest, I think Västergård is a more suitable name for our place. 🙂

I will do my best to enjoy both gingerbread and glögg! Do you have glögg in Finland too?
    God Jul to you too! May it be a wonderful one!

4. Francine says:

A Merry Christmas for you to!

Francine

5. Karen says:

Merry Christmas to you and your whole family, Aurora! Hope you can have a very nice time together, with los of love, joy, peace, health and blessings!
    And don’t forget that every day is a day to be good, friendly and generous! After all, every day is a Christmas day! 😉

Lots of love,
    Karen

P.S.: Oh, God, Sweden is a truly cold country! Brr!!! We couldn never have a weather like yours here in Brazil, where even in the winter is a bit hot!
    And now we’re in the summer, so… xD

6. jennifer says:

Merry Christmas to you, too, Aurora, and to all your family. It sounds like you will have a very merry celebration there.
    Sincerely,