Austenland

Just a quick post to ask, has anyone seen this yet? I haven’t because it is not out yet in Europe, and it might not come out at all in cinemas here in Sweden. But as I understand it in the US it has had its premiere. I’m just so curious as to what it’s like. Its got the potential to be a really funny and enjoyable movie, and I hope it will be. And something we should all be able to relate to, obsessed fans wanting to live in the world of Jane Austen. Haha

Anyway I just thought if someone has seen it and would care to share their views on it I know that I for one am at least interested in hearing what you think!
JJ Field I will confess is quite a favorite with me, I mean who can resist the perfect Mr Tilney! He might not be quite as completely and utterly charming in this one though… Bret McKenzie I’m looking forward to seeing too. What can I say, I just love his accent! 😉

9 Responses to Austenland

1. ConnieOnnie says:

I have seen it several times and absolutely love it. If I was not laughing I was smiling, and my crush on Mr. Feild is growing at an alarming rate!

2. Viktoria says:

“Bret McKenzie I’m looking forward to seeing too. What can I say, I just love his accent!” — I wonder why?!! LOL 😉

Oooh Connie I’m so jealous! But even more excited to see it now that I hear you love it! Oh yes Mr Field really is fantastic isn’t he?! *dreamy sigh*

Viktoria, well it’s the truth you know! I have a weakness for that wonderful kiwi accent, and yes I blame the amazing Mr H. entierly for this! 😉

4. jennifer says:

It was total campy fun. I am surprised by the bad press it is getting, especially since I’m no stranger to being critical to Austen sequels/prequels/etc/etc myself. This movie is not taking itself seriously, but the reviewers seem to be missing that. It was good for lots of laughs!

5. Priscilla .W says:

I have not heard of this movie. It looks amusing to see. I agree with Jennifer….sometimes Jane Austen sequels and prequels aren’t the best. However this one looks promising and very funny! Thanks

6. Janey says:

I’m longing to see it !

7. Dorte Kreiberg says:

It looks very promissing, I have not heard or seen anything about this så look forward to or else we will have to get it from amazon, I am glad to see you back here Aurora, just been to the UK myself to see my new baby granddaughter. I wish you all the best…

Jennifer, I did see some that it hadn’t gotten particularly high points from some places, but in a way I guess I can sort of understand it. I mean, it might be the kind of movie that you don’t quite “get” if you are not as much a fan as we all are? It was just something I thought when I saw that. I’m glad to hear you liked it!!
    I absolutely agree with you and Priscilla thought about them not always being good. I look forward to seeing this one though as it could be lots of fun 🙂

Dorte, I must say congratulations on your new baby granddaughter!! That is lovely news!!

I’m reading the book at the moment and waiting impatiently for the film 😀